OH HOLY CRAP, HELLO THERE EVERYONE
/ends massive absence with light swearing
1) My mp3 player isn't working and this makes me miserable. It's my own fault for not charging it for three months - it's not charging now. In my defence for a lot of that I didn't have anything to charge it with but OH GOD NOW I CAN'T TAKE DRAGONETTE OR PATRICK WOLF WITH ME WHEN I TRAVEL. Misery.
2) I want to learn rock piano.
3) OK RIGHT SO TWILIGHT. I read the first chapter and it wasn't bad. But Bella. Jesus. Shut the fuck up, woman. Stop your weeping. And there was the "First-Person-Looks-In-Mirror" description which is a massive peeve of mine. It's clumsy and stupid, don't do it. I shall read the rest of it instead of dozing to Patrick Wolf on the tube.
4) I mean OXFORD tube not LONDON UNDERGROUND as i shall be heading to Ox for today so you're safe from LJspam for the time being. :D
5) I finished Dead Until Dark, the True Blood book, and it's good. I enjoyed it. I missed the tv!Lafayette and Tara, but the book!Sookie was definitely superior, even though Anna Paquin is all sorts of awesome. Also, I have some thoughts regarding Bill and how uneven he was in the tv show - one minute licking Sookie's headwound (loved it) to being a giant sap and all heartbroken (as much of a lapdog as Sam, and THAT was the sappiest character since the LotR Ents!!!) - but they can wait until I'm nursing a post-rugby hangover tomorrow. And I missed the whole serial-killer-resolution thing they had in the show, because that was HIGH ART.
6) GO OXFORD BROOKES. I will be wearing pink for you so if you do not win against Oxford Uni I am going to be mighty irritable.
And, damnit, since I woke up at 1pm on Sunday I haven't had more than 6 hours sleep in total. I can feel myself coming apart at the seams. I feel absolutely dire. But, hey, rugby and alcohol... :D
MOTHER REFUSED PUPPY.
PUPPY. REFUSED. BY MY MOTHER. WHO IS RELATED TO ME.
COULD HAVE HAD PUPPY.
DO NOT HAVE PUPPY.
I woke up at 1pm today instead of 10am. Amazing.
In other news - I got spoilered for both Twilight AND True Blood which has pissed me off magnificently, as I haven't read the books, and cut tags/posts/etc just mention things like a) killers and b) character development arcs and c) shit like the aforementioned. So, so annoyed. And to the person on fb who decided to post the killer from True Blood's identity in their status message - you know who you are. Your days are fucking numbered. I may be up to date now but jesus that wasn't cool.
But I have tea and fried eggs and potato waffles and bacon and Bella's playing Bioshock so everything else, fiiiine.
So I vanished for a few days due to work and TRUE BLOOD.
Fuck it, I always knew I'd end up in a vampiric fandom. It's the sort of silliness that suits me to the ground, what with my background and all. What makes it worse is that I ordered the first book in the series it's based off from Waterstones, and it worked out that (with a couple of other books I needed) it was cheaper to get another book and get money off + free shipping. So I have THAT book AND I ordered TWILIGHT because it was THREE POUNDS FIFTY.
I AM CRYING WITH SHAME. INSIDE.
Housemate Bella went and bought an Xbox360 with Fable.
EWAGEEK IS BACK.